A Random Decimal Fraction Block

The "do" means two, the "deca" means ten, and those are added, not multiplied.

Maybe if we change the name of a year to a "dodecamonth" people will remember! (I have trouble with the solids, too, along with "biennial" vs. "biannual." I have to look that up every time.)

Then "month" to "hentriacontaday". (What even does the "conta" mean?) Which would result in a year being "dodecahentriacontaday".

Careful, months aren't all the same length. And I think a dodecawhatsit would only be 360 days.

True. Using @bubgamer07_bungamer0's

(and extending it to yoctosecond, and month names, not year names)
28: (February, normal year)
octaicosatetraicosahexacontahexacontachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachilia-yoctosecond
29: (February, leap year)
enneaicosatetraicosahexacontahexacontachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachilia-yoctosecond
30: (April, June, September, November)
triacontatetraicosahexacontahexacontachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachilia-yoctosecond
31: (January, March, May, July, August, October, December)
hentriacontatetraicosahexacontahexacontachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachiliachilia-yoctosecond

I don't think a prefix past "yocto-" has been made yet, and I don't know how to encapsulate three slightly different parts into one. (For making a word for "year", based on "yoctosecond" and prefixes)

The Geezer stands in awe. I want to buy you guys a beer.

Or a rootbeer for youngers... :grinning:

I would prefer rootbeer.

So would I.

So would I, actually, even though I'm not a minor. Beer tastes like what it looks like.

I would imagine you would. (English has weird spelling (the "l" in "would"), but it isn't completely terrible; see this article by Mark Rosenfelder.)

One approach could be to generate a random integer within a desired range and then divide it by a suitable scaling factor to obtain a decimal fraction. For example, if you want a decimal fraction between 0 and 1, you could generate a random integer between 0 and 100 and then divide it by 100.