A new block-list format

"j"?

Sorry, I'm stuck using this bad laptop keyboard, with things aattached to my fingers. Expect typos.

What things? (just curious)

Mostly an oxygen sensor, the thing they clip onto your finger while they're taking your blood pressure, but if you're in Intensive Care and they have a machine that takes your blood pressure every hour, then they tape the sensor onto your finger instead of clipping it on. But also they're running out of veins in my arm, so they're threatening to put in an IV in my hand.

If you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer, I'm curious to know what happened.

I don't mind. Apparently I got a hole in my stomach through which blood leaked out of my body, causing a sudden drop in blood pressure and getting super dizzy. Right now they think they've fixed it but they're not 100% sure so they're just monitoring my blood level for a while. It's more boring than anything else, especially since they won't let me eat solid food yet.

Oh. I hope you get better soon!

Thanks!

I wish you a speedy recovery, take care of you.

@bh Being in a hospital, much less an Intensive Care Unit, is not the preferred way to spend a holiday. However, we're all very grateful that they were able to identify and (hopefully) remediate the problem. We will all be thinking of you.

Thank you all. I appreciate the thoughts.

I sure hope you get a speedy recovery. I am currently recovering from back surgery,(had terrible scoliosis) but I think what you have going on is much worse. I will be thinking of you too.

Thanks. This is scary because they're not 100% sure they fixed it, but there really wasn't any pain involved, just dizziness. So I'm not sure mine is worse!

As of today they're letting me eat. If that doesn't lead to a big loss of blood, I may get to go home tomorrow.

That's nice to hear.

Huh, you said at the other thread that

which made me believe you were at home at the time you wrote it.

Did you invented it using some cryptographic code, for example the Vigenere one? I am asking because it's one of the words contained in what seems to be a coded description of your location in your user's profile saying you are at "Hlithr ta Erloth ta Moew ta Hlerrts".

I may have been. They sent me home, and I lasted a day, and then had another sudden blood loss, so they readmitted me. But I've been stable for a few days so they feel pretty confident about it.

No, it's part of a conlang I made. And "Hlithr ta Erloth ta Moew ta Hlerrts" means "the kingdom of Moew of the Abyss of Death".

Edit: If you want to parenthesize it, here: "(the (kingdom of Moew)) of (the (Abyss of Death))".

I made a project here that has a "corrected" version of block-splitting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.