A found a hidden thing in the Snap! site

How often have I told you not to mess with the SnapCloud's API? The reason I didn't ban you personally last week was only because others in our team spoke out in favor of you, claiming you weren't malicious. They were wrong.

Kids: DO NOT TRY TO HACK into THE SNAPCLOUD, the system will automatically ban you.

I suggest, all of you who are constantly obsessing about how to find hidden stuff and compromise this community, please move on to some other platform, and leave Snap! to those who want to learn computer science. You are not welcome here.

What I did was an accident, I don't know why owlsss did what he did.
I agree that this platform doesn't deserve to be compromised.
I like Snap! as a peaceful platform and I do not intend to do anything that could or will harm the community and platform.

Day 2 - Regret

Kinda makes my heart sink to see Jens have to say these things, honestly, and it seems like people keep doing stuff you obviously shouldn't be doing despite all signs and flags. If a page kicks you off, sure you could be curious, but why even try seeing a subpage? It'll just kick you off the same way or lock you away from what you want to see. Seems like a lot more recently has this kind of stuff started to take off, being 'aware' of the rules but still passively ignoring them for some reason... like the swearing rules I'm seeing being pushed recently?

There seem to be fewer and fewer interesting topics and rather more discourse and (at least to me) shallow conversation...

Honestly, there may not be a lack of interesting topics sometimes but people don't seem to really dive into them, and I always see tangents, or maybe I'm just experiencing the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon.

I know right.

I wasnt messing with the cloud API?

WHEN DID I HACK INTO THE SNAP CLOUD?? WTF???

I WASNT HACKING INTO THE SNAP CLOUD I WAS USING alert() JAVASCRIPT CODE TO MAKE THE MESSAGE

I WANNA LEARN COMPUTER SCIENCE THATS WHY I JOINED HOW DO

I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID??

I WANT IT TO BE PEACFUL TOO SO IDK WHY JENS IS GOING CRAZY

He's just trying to protect what is his, I see nothing wrong with it.
I'm just trying to not get on anyone's bad side

I did something dumb, I was NOT trying to hack into the SnapCloud, I have no clue where he got that idea from.

@jens Explain to me what I did last week? Im being serious, WHAT DID I DO?
I am not malicious, I have no interest in hacking the cloud.

Edit: Also how is finding a site we cant even doing anything in compromising the site? Honestly, and I mean this (mostly) respectively, I think you are delusional
Mhm, because making an alert is compromising the site. I found this by accident when clicking my auto clicker bookmarklet, which makes this alert
but since I was on the Snap! site, this happened

I found this out from sladescar, and did not intend to get myself IP banned, but your system lied and the third time I did it banned me, when it I had one chance left. I wanted to see if adding any subpage would do it, which I'll admit, is dumb. Also, why would I do ALL of the things I have done for Snap! if I was just going to ruin it? An exit scam is WAY to much work, and would take WAY too much time. I wanted to come back next year, but since you make the worst predictions on the planet, I guess thats not happening.

And on the topic of exit scams, why would I optionally contribute to Snap like creating a TOTM banner, creating things people can use, etc. Welp bye everyone, Jens hates me for no good reason, and I guess im leaving snap early.

Lmfao

@bhenrique This topic has kinda has turned into the same thing as Me and my school are IP banned from Snap!.

ya

sees jens typing

OH GOD HES AWAKEN

seeing jens stop typing and not post anything is even scarier tbh

um so I dont know if im going to be able to say this soon so might as well say it now;
Goodbye, @sir_kitten2

Repeatedly trying to access an internal url will get your IP automatically banned by the framework that runs the SnapCloud (and countless other websites run by other organizations). This is what I've been telling you time and again, and this is what happened to you. Most of us are currently participating in an offsite conference and won't have time to - manually(!) - look into what happened exactly for at least another week. In the meantime it would be best of you not to constantly spam the forums with this. The fact that you've gotten a school url banned makes it even worse. I would advise you to speak to your teacher / principal, and explain to them what happened, because your illegal hacking attempt (yes, it was hacking) compromised your fellow students' access to our free software as well.

In case you didn't understand:

• be quiet in the for a while, I'm super annoyed with you already
  • tell your school why you've been banned and let them appeal to us
  • wait for a while (two weeks or so), because this requires manual work from us

I'm going to not let you turn every thread in this forum into blabber and noise anymore. And I'm serious about considering to permanently refuse to deal with your personal issues. There are literally hundreds of thousands in our community who use Snap! every hour and in every corner of the world without causing any problems whatsoever, and I'd much rather explain some cool algorithms to y'all than constantly deal with the administrative attention issues of a handful of juveniles.