A "don't touch your face" project that complains if you touch your face

Here's a program that tracks the location of your eyes, nose, and wrists. It issues a warning if your hands come close to your face. Requires a webcam.

https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=toontalk&project=dont%20touch%20your%20facedont touch your face

1 Like

This is so cool, @toontalk!

But that will encourage people to touch their face to see if the project works

Maybe it should ask you to wash your hands before running it :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm unclear about when it makes sense to close a thread. The don't touch your face project continues to inspire students to improve it - I just learned of 2 this week.

I deleted the 34 irrelevant posts. :~)

i got an error that says
hmm...
missing/unspecified extension: e2l_run

It might be a good idea to decide the relative size of the face based on distances.

hear this song

woah, this would've been sick during covid

Hey, welcome to the forum, it's great that you're so excited about everything, but please don't revive threads that haven't had any activity in years, especially not by posting things that have nothing to do with the original topic. Thanks.

I just tested it on 9.2.2 at Snap! Build Your Own Blocks and it works fine. The extensions might be different in other copies of Snap!

By the way this was released April 2020 apropos the comment about the app being available during covid

Regard size of face suggestion it does use this block
dont touch your face script pic

I found where it's coming from, too

Both the blocks shown throw the same error.
what happened to my previous reply?

Just properly run the project to allow the required loading and initialization.
dont touch your face script pic

Also, the URL A guide to AI blocks in Snap! and children *.js must be available in your browser.

*.io is blocked, is that essential or no?

my school blocks using ckf01.net

and i get a ton of map nwea tests (WITH ERRORS) and i get tired of them :rage: