Short Talk: One Block to Rule Them All - From Media Computation to Data Science with Snap!

View on Snap!Con

Presented By: Jens Mönig, Jadga Huegle

Abstract:

In this talk, we show you how to analyze, transform, and generate multi-media content using a programming language rather than a word processor, photo editor, or music mixer.

The very same strategies, programming concepts, and notional models that are useful for hacking media are also useful for other programming tasks, and can even be directly applied to data sets from other sources and contexts.

Ever wanted to turn your own voice into a musical instrument? Ever wished for your sunset pics to be more awesome than your holidays? Ever wondered how to engage your students with “Big Data” and “higher-order functions”? Join us in this talk for the bright side of computer science!

Hi, this is not an issue caused by you but Zoom is saying that I need to sign in to Zoom in order to join the meeting and when I try to sign in, Zoom keeps saying either that there is an internet connection or my email address or password is incorrect. I tried to sign in with Google but that did not work. Could you please remove the requirement for participants to sign in to Zoom for joining the meeting, please? Thank you very much.